You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another Season

Well, here I am again. I have been back to gardening since the first of March, actually. It has taken a little longer to get back to blogging about it. As usual, I am not sure how to catch up here. A little bit at a time, I guess.

I will start with my little, courtyard pond.

The before photo: just ugly, black, rigid pond liners.

We have had several pallets of rock sitting in our back yard for over a year now. I do not know why it took me so long to think of using some of it as a surround for these ponds.

Such a difference.
Now for the maybe sad news. I bought three gorgeous koi and decided, since they were small (6 inches), I would start them out in this little pond (the small ones I put in big pond last year didn't make it).

That was six days ago. I have not seen them since. The water has been really murky, and it is impossible to see to the bottom. So it is possible that they are in there, right? We put a filter in a couple days ago, and the water is slowly clearing. Hopefully, I will soon know their fate.

To end on some happy, living koi, here are some recent photos from my big pond.


0 comments: