You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Front Garden Today

I only did a little gardening today. I did walk around and appreciate the beauty though!

 
The hose and gloves are evidence that I did something. To the left of this rose, I planted rose 'Mrs. BR Cant' today, one of my favorite teas. (Yes, I know I need a new doormat. Embarrassing.) To the right of the front doors is my main garden in front.

Have I reported the theft of my Good and Evil Girl statue? I was heartbroken. (My little Buddha was also stolen, at a different time. Who steals a Buddha?) So, I moved this little angel statue to her place. What to call my Good and Evil garden now though? "The Garden Formerly Known as Good and Evil."

 Here is Columbine a bit past its prime.


 David Austin rose 'Crown Princess Margareta'. A very healthy (and beautiful!) DA for me.

Antique tea rose 'Mme Charles'. The color isn't exactly right for this garden, but what the hey.


My tiny Hybrid Perpetual rose 'Reine des Violettes'. I love this rose. I hope it does well here.

 Some bearded irises blooming now. Next up, peonies, then daylilies.


Tomorrow, it's pond and waterfall cleaning day. 

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What beautiful blooms.

Sorry to hear some took your statues. That hurts I know.

Have a good weekend surrounded by the beauty there in your wonderful haven.

FlowerLady

karenleigh said...

Thank you so much!

Katy said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Good and Evil Girl statue. I don’t have a similar monument, but I have a little fountain in my garden. I put it out there as a part of my grand design for the garden. It has become an ornament of tranquility for me since then.

Katy Eagles